Sunday, November 7, 2010

#3 Ruined Papa's birthday when I got way too drunk

Everybody showed up, except for my selfish cousin, who obviously has more issues she needs to deal with than I thought. Papa was surprised to see his old friends from back in the day, standing in our home, waiting for him to walk in, and yelling "surprise". We all drank, I barbecued (which turned out pretty damn well), and we had cake and ice cream. Everything went well, and this time, I didn't get too drunk.

Later on, at the end of the night, I pulled my list out, and showed Papa. I explained why he was on my list, and he told me that I can cross him off. I didn't really care if I was able to cross him off or not, I was more interested in seeing him happy, because Papa is more than my grandpa. He's like my dad. He raised me, and everything I do now, emulates him in a way.

#3 Ruined Papa's birthday when I got way too drunk- crossed off!

Jared Rice
The Real Earl

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, I love how these stories wrap up well. Keep on going man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work!

    You're doing the right thing.

    ReplyDelete